Frequently Asked Questions
It’s quite easy to use our booking form for one or two people. But if you want to book more than that, then it might be easier just to contact us at email@example.com or ring us on +61 3 9038 9236.
Change Management is helping people to transition from a current state to a future state so that they work just as effectively as before.
We often use the phrase “Enabling people to be ready, willing and able”
The business case for Change Management comes from one simple line of logic:
- Projects produce deliverables (e.g. systems, processes, equipment).
- Change Management prepares people to use the deliverables and use them well by “Enabling them to be ready, willing and able”.
- Organisations invest in projects to get benefits.
- The benefits will not be achieved unless people are using the deliverables and using them well.
So, Change Management helps organisations to realise benefits and avoid the unnecessary costs and risks of poorly used deliverables.
A 2002 McKinsey study showed that the Return on Investment for a project was over four times higher when Change Management was included in the initiative. Numerous pieces of research since them has confirmed the basic proposition that good Change Management makes it easier faster to gain the benefits of a change.
Rapid Agile Change Management (RACM) is a 2 day course without exams designed specifically to address common change management issues in an agile environment.
The course examines the causes of these problems and proposes a simple solution that can be tailored to the size of the change. It combines standard agile practices and standard change management tools in a new approach to change management. This will allow you to
- Be more effective in less time
- Respond quickly to changing priorities
- Respond quickly to changing scope
- Keep focussed on the goals of change management and the objectives of the change initiative
- Learn to work with agile delivery teams
- Match change management activities to the time and resources available
- Cover the fundamentals of change management and how to use them in practice.
- Provide a qualification in change management that is recognized worldwide and endorsed by the Change Management Institute (CMI)
It is suitable for people looking to supplement their existing experience in change management or for people who wish to start a career in change management.
The Rapid Agile Change Management (RACM) Course is suitable for people who will be practicing Change Management in an Agile environment. For instance, alongside Scrum teams. Or people who wish to extend their change management toolkit. There is only about a 5% overlap between the RACM course and the standard accredited Change Management Foundation and Practitioner courses.
There are no pre-requisites to the RACM course and we provide quick overviews of Change Management, and agile practices especially Scrum.
To put it simply: “No”
We get people with lots of experience, little experience or no experience on our Change Management courses. They have all said that they learnt a lot.
Scrum is the most popular agile approach and it’s use is growing widely beyond it’s traditional IT base. For instance it has been applied to HR departments and Lehal Departments.
Scrum is a framework for teams to efficiently handle a constant stream of varied and, often, complex tasks. It is simple to understand but it can be quite hard to apply effectively without some training.
There are three sets of accountabilities in a Scrum Team
- Scrum Master (not a manager, more of a facilitator)
- Product Owner (understands the business needs and translates hem into work for the developers)
- Developers (these are the technical specialists – e.g. lawyers, HR professionals, Course developers, etc)
To put it simply: “No”
We get quite a few people with little experience or no experience on our Scrum courses.
The Agile Project Management (AgilePM) is a framework developed by the Agile Business Consortium. It is designed to combine the flexibility of agile techniques with the the governance and discipline need typical of government organisations and other corporations.
However, it also works well for smaller organisations.
Although it can be used alongside Scrum, it also offers a strong alternative.
The simple answer is” “No”.
We have had
- Experienced project managers wanting to understand Agile
- People who are new to project management wanting to learn the modern techniques
- People who are already working in agile environments but realise they need a project management approach over and above their current methods.
- Cancellations outside of 10 business days before the start of the course will receive a full refund when all printed materials already received are returned.
- Cancellations within 10 business days before the start of the course will incur a cancellation fee of $80+GST for each day of the course. For example, the cancellation within 10 days of a three day course will incur a fee of 3x$80=$240+GST. Printed materials must be returned before any refund minus the cancellation fee is processed.
- Postponements made outside of 10 business days before the start of the course will not incur a fee
- The first postponement within 10 business days before the start of the course will not incur a fee.
- Any subsequent postponements within 10 business days before the start of the course will attract a fee $80+GST for each day of the course that has been postponed.
Get in touch with us and we can work out the best way forward together.