Change Management Series
Rapid Agile Change Management (RACM)
Agile and Change Management Combined.
A new 2 day course without exams designed specifically to address common change management issues in an agile environment
Rapid Agile Change Management (RACM) examines the causes of this problem and proposes a simple solution that can be tailored to the size of the change. It combines standard agile practices and standard change management tools in a new approach to change management, which will allow you to
- Be more effective in less time.
- Respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Respond quickly to changing scope.
- Keep focused on the goals of change management and the objectives of the change initiative.
- Match change management activities to the time and resources available.
The RACM approach consists of 4 simple steps and 7 guidelines.
The guidelines are
- Respect the people undergoing the change.
- Respond to needs over following a plan.
- Borrow from the greats.
- Practical and useful metrics.
- Collaborate frequently.
- Maintain pace through simplicity, empowerment and learning.
The RACM approach was developed by Dan Skelsey, a contributing author to CMI’s Change Management Body of Knowledge an editor and contributing author of The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook, and a contributing author to the Local Change Agents Handbook. The RACM approach synthesizes discussions about the issues and solutions with a range of change management and agile practitioners working across several industries.
The 2 day course takes a very practical approach to change management and uses complex scenarios for the exercises. This is not a certified course and there are no exams.
Important Note: There is less than 5% overlap with the standard Change Management Foundation and Practitioner courses. This course does not cover well known change theories such as Kotter, Bridges, Senge or Beckhard and Harris. It does not explore the transition curve or best practice for communications and stakeholder engagement. All of these are covered in our certified Change Management and Practitioner courses, which are based on the CMI’s Change Management Body of Knowledge. The RACM course looks at how to blend this body of knowledge with agile techniques to produce a flexible and rapid change management response to a set of shifting priorities and fast moving agile delivery. However, it does introduce a small amount of theory not covered in the standard change management course.
- Common agile techniques and practices.
- The clashing mindsets in a typical agile delivery environment.
- How to operate change management in the face of short delivery sprints with shifting priorities and plans.
- How to perform a rapid impact analysis.
- How to use an agile approach to change management for larger initiatives – a simple 4 step approach with 7 guidelines.
- A simple approach to suggesting and ranking ‘change proposals’.
Participants will receive
- A copy all slides in PDF format.
- A variety of useful templates and tools.
- Change managers who need to work alongside agile delivery teams.
- Change managers dealing with rapidly shifting needs and priorities, while working with limited resources.
- Agile practitioners intent on delivering value to the business.
- Change managers looking for a new approach to managing their work.
You do not need to know agile to attend this course. You do not need to be an expert change manager to attend this course. We will explain the basics of both and then focus on how they can work together. For more advanced understanding of agile techniques, consider our AgilePM course and for a more advanced understanding of Change Management, consider our Change Management course