Programmes are groups of related projects all working together to achieve one end goal
You can now learn programme management with Project Laneways, who are offering a new methodology developed by the DSDM Consortium and fully accredited by APMG. This new methodology offers a ‘lighter’ touch approach to Programme Management than more traditional approaches.
Although, it based on the principles and philosophy of Agile Project Management, it can be used with programmes that have either traditional waterfall projects or agile projects or a blend of the two approaches.
Both seasoned programme managers, and those new to the area, will find this guidance offers valuable and practical advice for running successful programmes with an Agile focus.
Key aspects of this approach are
- Building in stakeholder feedback based on iterations to create emergent business solutions
- Incremental delivery of capability and benefits – as early as possible
- Recognition of the need to evolve everything: plans, products, outcomes, etc.
- Evolving business cases
- A culture of empowerment
Programmes are typically run over a period of years and this agile approach embraces the need to evolve the programme as the world around it changes.
Benefits for you
This qualification provides those involved in large-scale change initiatives with the tools they need to adopt an agile approach to programmes. It equips them to be able to scale agile and to incorporate agile and non-agile initiatives into a programme. It also provides a full Programme Management framework that can easily fit with existing programme management methods or it can be used in its own right.
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile; the ability to apply relevant programme management methods, leading to successful agile programmes.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile programmes compared to traditional programmes and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between all stakeholders and provide ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to ensure continuous alignment to a changing business environment.
- Ensure incremental and iterative realisation of benefits by encouraging active stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
Benefits for your Organization
The organization will have a standard approach to executing agile programmes, incorporating agile and non-agile projects and activities.
- Deliver transformational change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continuous realization of benefits and validation of programme goals against business strategy
- Complements and works with existing corporate methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2®, MSP, Agile Project Management) and quality and audit processes.
- Improves rigour and visibility around programme management, leading to a proven track record of successful programme outcomes in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile programme management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over programmes and just in time planning without disrupting the programme budget, timescale and vision.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
PRIVATE COURSE ONLY - Minimum 6 people required. Call us for more information.
Call on 03 9038 9236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org