Better Business Cases™ Training Courses
It's all about thinking not writing!
Learn to apply the Better Business Case model and you'll very quickly increase your worth. You will understand and be able to apply the 5 Case model to spending initiatives. This is a key skill for managers at all levels in an organisation.
The key elements of the 5 Case model are:
How an APMG Better Business Case certification course can help you:
By gaining a globally-recognised APMG accredited Better Business Case qualification courtesy of Project Laneways, you'll learn how to appraise proposals and clearly communicate conclusions and recommendations. Plus, you'll get an understanding of the underlying principles of the 5 Cases model and how to apply it to spending proposals. BBC certification is an essential competency for all managers in both the public and private sector.
By the end of the course you'll have knowledge and understanding of the principles which are fundamental to Better Business Cases. They are;
- Quality analysis
- Thinking not writing
- Effort is adjusted for the size and complexity of the initiative
- No surprises
- Governance and ownership
- Alignment with management processes
Foundation - 1 day - With the Foundation Course you'll learn the Five Case model as well as learn how to work with, or be part of, a team which is developing a business case using the model.
Practitioner – 2.5 days – This covers all aspects of preparing a business case using the Five Case Model. You'll learn the 10 steps to developing a business case by using the Five Case Model. This is a blend of classroom learning and practical exercises.
What you receive
- A copy of “The Green Book" published by HM Treasury. The syllabus and exam are based on this book
- A copy of the “Better Business Cases” Handout, a pocket sized study guide
- Copies of all the slides with additional notes
- A selection of templates and tools
- Practice questions for the Better Business Cases exams and the actual exams.
PRIVATE COURSE ONLY - Minimum 6 people required. Contact us for more information.
Call on 03 9038 9236 or email email@example.com