3-Day Agile PM Foundation Course with Exam
Everything you need to know to run an AgilePM project and includes a bonus introduction to Scrum - all in three information-rich, content-packed days!
AgilePM (Agile Project management) is the fastest-growing approach to managing projects. That's why the APMG Agile Foundation training course is now one of the most popular Agile courses in Australia. It has gone from being the toy of small IT start-up companies to being a well-recognised and highly useful approach to almost every type of project, regardless of size or industry. Plus, at Project Laneways, it's 100% Money-Back Guaranteed!
This Agile Foundation course introduces and explains the philosophy and principles underlying the
DSDM approach to Agile Project Management. It covers the Agile project methodology along with all you need to know around the set-up and management process, including planning and control.
You will learn:-
- The principles and concepts of an Agile approach
- How an Agile project is managed
- An Agile project lifecycle
- How to construct a user story
- Agile estimating techniques
- Agile planning techniques and the use of time boxes
- Practical approaches to running an agile project
- What Scrum is, how it works and how to integrate it into a project environment
Plus, you'll learn the right way to use Agile tools such as iterations, time-boxes, stand ups, MoSCoW and other related concepts. All your questions about Agile will be answered. NOTE: Discussion around the many and varied applications for Agile in the 'real world' is strongly encouraged during the course.
There are plenty of exercises showing how to use the Agile techniques in practical scenarios.
- A 25 page overview of Agile Project Management (emailed to you when the course booking is confirmed)
- The AgilePM handbook published by DSDM
- A copy of our "Portable Agile Project Management" guide designed to fit in your pocket or handbag
- Copies of all slides with additional notes
- Templates of selected APM documents
- Sample exam questions provided by APMG. Additional sample questions are provided by Project Laneways.
- Numerous practical exercises
- The Agile Foundation exam; a 40 minute multiple choice closed-book exam
The Agile Foundation exam taking place in the afternoon of the third day.
Preparation and requirements
Candidates are required to read Project Laneways' pre-reading material, (approximately 2-3 hours) including an overview of AgilePM and sample Agile Foundation exam questions. This is emailed to participants when the booking is confirmed.
Advanced Agile Practitioner training
As soon as you've successfully passed your Foundation exam you'll be officially qualified to take your knowledge and expertise to the more advanced Agile Practitioner level.
Enroll in the Agile PM® Foundation certification course today!
Once you've checked out the training dates (see below),call us on Melbourne 03 9038 9236 or make an online booking right now.